Thursday 7 August 2014

Rimmel Lipsticks Review






Recently I’ve found myself purchasing a couple of Rimmel lipsticks, one from the Kate Moss collection, and the other from their Lasting Finish range.
The Lasting Finish lipstick I purchased from Rimmel is shade 210, ‘Coral In Gold’ and a swatch can be seen above. In terms of the formula, this is pleasant to apply - it isn’t sticky, and it doesn’t feel at all drying. The pigmentation is also good and I find myself needing only two swipes of the lipstick for a colour I’m satisfied with, and it is easy to build colour too. This shade in particular has a shimmer to it, so if you’re looking for a more matte finish, ‘Coral In Gold’ is not for you. But generally as a coral lipstick, this isn’t too bold or brash, and makes a good everyday shade.
However, I do feel that the lipstick’s ‘lasting finish is not really all that lasting, with just one bite of food or a sip of water sends me off to reapply the whole thing.
So, if you’re looking for a shimmery everyday shade without fear of having to reapply a few times a day - this shade is perfect for you! If not, then perhaps you should avoid Rimmel’s Lasting Finish ‘Coral In Gold’ lipstick.
Now onto my second Rimmel lipstick. This, like the previous, is also labelled as a ‘Lasting Finish’ lipstick, but instead is from Rimmel’s Kate Moss range. I own this in ‘shade 08’, a pink which is swatched above.
This, like ‘Coral In Gold’ has a pleasant-to-apply formula which isn’t sticky or drying, and is even better than ‘Coral In Gold’ in terms of its pigmentation as I find just one swipe of the lipstick results in a colour I’m satisfied with - although there is less opportunity for colour-building as additional coats don’t change the already-fairly-dark colour much. The shade of the lipstick acts to define the lips nicely, whilst staying subtle, and the finish is as nice and smooth as I’d expected from a lipstick, without a glossy shimmer like ‘Coral In Gold’.
However, like ‘Coral In Gold’, the finish does not survive much eating and drinking, being worn away very easily.
Generally, the lipsticks are a quality I would expect for the price and I do like them both and will continue to wear them for my everyday use, but in future, I may prefer to shop around other brands.


- Paris x


No comments:

Post a Comment