Wednesday 17 September 2014

Molly's Night-Time Skincare Routine





After removing my contact lenses, I start removing my eye makeup with the No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup Remover (1), which is an oil-based makeup remover so it's really good for getting off stubborn and waterproof mascara, and it also conditions the lashes. Usually I shake it first to mix the solution together and then tip it onto a wet cotton pad which I hold on my eye for a few seconds to take everything off.


If I'm feeling lazy, I take off the rest of my makeup with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (2) which removes makeup, cleanses and tones. Then I finish off with a moisturiser.
On nights when I don't mind spending a bit more time removing my makeup, I use the universally acclaimed Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish (3). This creamy cleanser has a wonderful fresh scent and can be used to remove face and eye makeup in one go; you simply massage it onto your face and rinse off with a warm muslin cloth or flannel.

About 3 times a week, I use the Sk:n Facial Exfoliating Cleanser for Normal Skin (4). This is a fairly new find for me, my mum was recommended it on a trip to the Sk:n clinic as it is a great exfoliant but isn't abrasive - great if you don't want to damage your skin with harsh beads or pulling and tugging. It also works especially well on spot-prone skin due to the active ingredients Glycolic acid and Glycerine. Glycolic acid is a gentle chemical exfoliant which removes dead skin cells and clears out the pores for more radiant skin, and the Glycerine acts as a natural moisturiser to ensure the skin doesn't feel stripped. This is a really great products and can work well for people of many ages. However, due to the chemical exfoliant ingredients, it is best used at night followed by sun protection the next day, and should not be used more than three times per week.

If I feel like I need some extra exfoliation at any point, I will go to Soap & Glory's Scrubatomic (5) as it's not too harsh, but leaves the skin feeling soft and supple.
For spot treatments, I rely on a mixture. I use a tiny amount of pure tea tree oil (6) on a wet cotton pad (so it's not too harsh). I use this after removing my makeup as an antibacterial spot treatment. I also use the Clinique Spot Gel (6) on no-makeup days or after the tea tree oil treatment. Both treatments work for me but can be a little drying so they require a good follow-up moisturiser to prevent dry patches forming. I would recommend Simple's Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream (7), and Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream (7). I also use a very small layer of Sudocrem on any spots as a less drying alternative - I even sometimes sleep with a small layer on the very pesky spots (trying not to get any on my pillow!)

Last but certainly not least, the lips! People often tend to forget that the lips need just as much care and attention as the rest of the skin. Lips often need some exfoliation, but as they are so sensitive it's important to be gentle. I use the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub (8) and follow it up with either Cocoa Butter Vaseline (8) or Maybelline's medicated Dr Rescue Baby Lips (8).

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out Paris' and Sophie's skincare posts too! Feel free to drop us a line if you have any suggestions on particular posts you'd like to see, or any general feedback. We'd really appreciate it.
- Molly x

No comments:

Post a Comment