Wednesday 13 August 2014

Product Review: Body Sorbet (The Body Shop)


The Body Shop recently released a new product, a Body Sorbet. It's a version of the traditional body butter we all know so well, designed more for a warm Summer day. As I liked the free sample I was given on my way into the store so much, I decided to go ahead and purchase a couple for myself.

The Body Sorbet comes in five different scents - satsuma, strawberry, mango, moringa and pink grapefruit. I purchased the Strawberry Body Sorbet and the Mango Body Sorbet, and the 10% off I receive on all purchases with my Love Your Body Membership Card (which, by the way, is free for students, and well worth the £5 if not), knocked the already great price of £8 each down to a happy £7.20 per Body Sorbet.

My favourite thing about this new product is how great it is for hot Summer days, being very cool against the skin on application, with its gel-like formula being far lighter than a body butter - avoiding the 'cakey skin' feeling that body butters can sometimes leave you with.
The product claims to "leave the body instantly moisturised" and I can't argue with that. After applying the sorbet, it soaks quickly and easily into the skin and leaves it feeling cool, refreshed and - most importantly - moisturised.
In terms of the scent, I don't find either scents to be overpoweringly fruity. In fact, they're just the right strength to make your skin smell naturally fresh, and not as though you've just spent the past hour having strawberries and mangoes pelted at you.

I do however find it a shame that the product isn't available in smaller, travel-sized tubes as, unlike a body butter which is generally only used after baths or showers, it's a great on-the-go moisturiser for cooling down and refreshing your skin on a hot day! But, with its claim of "up to 24 hours hydration", the product's lack of portability isn't a particularly huge issue.

Overall, I think that as an 'industry first', The Body Shop have given us rather a treat with this light, cooling and hydrating moisturiser for only £4 per 100ml! I'm in no doubt that I'll be keeping stocked up on the Body Sorbet for many Summers to come.

Have you tried the new Body Sorbet from The Body Shop? I'd love to know your thoughts on it or on your favourite body moisturising products, so please feel free to leave a comment below.
- Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment