Thursday 7 August 2014

Paris' Daily Skincare Routine






I kick off the morning with Neutrogena’s Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash (1), which is a great product that ‘wakes up’ my face, making it feel fresher, whilst successfully helping to eliminate spots and blackheads. I’ve been using this product for a few years now and it’s never disappointed me!
Next, I use a moisturising cream from the same brand – Neutrogena’s Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser (2) – which not only gets rid of pesky dry patches, but also makes my face feel far softer. I apply this cream to my whole face, but particularly to my forehead as I personally get more dry patches there. An advantage of the cream being ‘oil-free’ means that skin is less likely to get greasy from repeated application of this product, compared to more oil-based moisturisers.
After doing this, I turn my attention to any spots I may have (I also do the same thing in the evening). I have two spot products which I love, Witch Blemish Stick (3)and Soap & Glory’s Dr Spot (4). For minor spots, I use Witch Blemish Stick, but for particularly bad spots I use Dr Spot. This is because, although Dr Spot is better at getting rid at spots, the application is quite fiddly, and the Witch Blemish Stick is cheaper (but still very good), so I prefer to use Dr Spot in ‘emergencies’ only.
Throughout the day, I apply a tinted medicated lip balm – Maybelline’s Baby Lips (5) in ‘Soothing Sorbet’. I bought this from New York on a school trip last October and it’s a wonderful product. It is recommended that the product is applied no more than 4 times a day, so I tend to apply it after each meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner – as an easy way to measure how often I’m applying it.
For my hands, I use Soap & Glory’s Hand Food (6), a really great moisturiser for the hands that I’d highly recommend. There isn’t really a limit to how much you can apply Hand Food so I generally apply it as often as I remember to.
My evening skincare can take two routes – a day when I wear makeup, and a day when I don’t. If I do wear makeup, I use No.7’s Eye Make-Up Remover (7) and some simple cotton pads for my eye makeup. For facial makeup, I use Soap & Glory’s Peaches & Clean (8) which is mostly a facial cleanser but can double as a makeup remover. However, if you wear facial makeup (foundation, concealer, etc.) on a daily basis, I would suggest using an actual make-up remover, such as a micellar water (see Sophie’s skincare post for more information).
For days on which I don’t wear makeup, I end my day with Soap & Glory’s Ultimelt Hot Cloth Cleanser (9), which gives a gentle but deep clean and exfoliation to my skin.
I also apply Vaseline (10) to my lips each evening (as a substitute for the fourth application of Baby Lips which I’m trying to make last as long as possible because the medicated tinted Dr Rescue ones aren’t available in the UK), and let it soak in and moisturise my lips overnight.
Thanks for reading! And don’t hesitate to send us any questions :)
- Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment