Thursday 7 August 2014

How to rock a floral raincoat



One of my favourite items in my wardrobe at the moment is this lovely raincoat from Topshop. Sadly, it’s no longer on sale, but has been replaced by a similar coat with larger, yellow flowers, instead of the small, blue ones.
I’d categorise the coat as a Spring coat rather than a Winter coat due to its lack of thickness, but as the weather is so temperamental in Britain, it’d be great for a rainy Summer day too. I love the coat as it’s quirky and a bit different to my other coats, and also comfortable and practical to wear - always a bonus!
I think block colours are important to pair with the coat, offering a plain backdrop against which the coat ‘can do the talking’. In terms of colours, I chose a black top - which is a neutral shade, and dark enough to let the colour of the flowers pop out. I also chose a skirt in a colour vibrant enough to brighten up the dark black top, whilst not clashing with the blue flowers or taking too much of the impact away from the coat.

- Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment